For limited time Microsoft is giving away FREE Windows Media Center if you are already using Windows 8 Pro and want to watch or record live live TV and other lots of stuff.
To add Media Center to Windows 8 follow below steps
2) Go to Windows 8 tile screen and press Win + W and then type “add features.” Select “Add features to Windows 8.”
3) Click “I already have a product key” and then enter product key received from step 1 and. Click next then agree terms
Microsoft is running this FREE promo till January 31 2013 and it would cost you $9.99 after that.
You will get an email shortly from Microsoft with the key and installation steps (as written below)
Follow these steps to add Windows 8 Media Center Pack to your PC running Windows 8 Pro:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search).
- Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
- Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.
- Then tap or click I already have a product key.
- Enter the product key, and then click Next.
- Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.